My approach to nutrition is simple and natural.
In fact, it’s the most natural approach to nutrition that you will find. I look at nature and search for the healthiest peoples on the planet. I study the most successful experts I can find. I look for studies that have not been funded by food or pharmaceutical manufacturers. I look at what has worked for people, not what I would like to believe. I have studied the healthiest, most sustainable methods of farming that produce the most nutritious foods.
I have lived and worked on farms all over this country. I study from and hang out with experts. I look for people who live long, healthy, robust lives free from cancer, heart disease, obesity and all the other diseases of modern diet & lifestyle.
Once you get past all the hype in the media and stop listening to people who have no idea what they are talking about, you will be able to see why this approach makes sense and works.
My approach to nutrition can be explained in a simple, yet profound quote from one of the most important researchers and experts in human health & nutrition, Weston A. Price, author of Nutrition and Physical Degeneration:
“Life in all its fullness is Mother Nature obeyed.”
- If a food wasn’t here 10,000 years ago – don’t eat it!
- If it has ingredients you cannot pronounce – don’t eat it!
- The longer the shelf life of a product, the worse it is for you.
- If it has a label, chances are it is made from man and not found in nature. There are few exceptions such as raw food treats and dairy products which are labeled. Fruits, veggies, meats and fats do not come with labels in nature.
- Eat a fat, protein and carb at every meal or snack.
- Eat 4-6 times per day – no matter what!
- Plan your shopping and cooking.
- The fresher your food, the better.
- The less cooking the better.
- Chew your food well. The more peaceful your eating experience, the better.
- Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the say and dinner your smallest.
- Do not diet.
Here is a recipe from a real fitness and nutrition expert who lives, eats and breaths what she teaches. Unlike the vast majority of university professors, NY Times best selling authors, personal trainers, dieticians and celebrity chefs – this woman lives what she teaches. She has the health, body, energy and wisdom of a real expert…and some killer recipes too! This recipe is a simple way to get fresh, raw produce into your diet.
Tremendous Tomato soup
Whip/puree all ingredients together:
2 medium ripe tomatoes
1 tbs raw honey
1 tbs cold pressed organic olive oil
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
vanilla extract or basil leaves to taste
Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
Healthy Urban Kitchen